Local Job Openings:
Grant Manager Position – Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Iowa
|The Grant Manager’s responsibility is to ensure the timely, efficient and effective activities related to the organization’s core goals while ensuring success of the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Iowa. These activities include the research, cultivation, and stewardship of corporate, private and government funding sources, submission of grant proposals, completion of funded grant follow up reports, maintenance of grant records/files, responsibility for United Way funding applications and stewardship activities.
Required duties will include:
1. Match grant-making prospects’ interests and goals with organization’s goals, in collaboration with the Director of Programming, the Director of Donor Relations, and the CEO.
2. Research, prepare and submit grant proposals and funding reports to new and existing donors, resulting in new and ongoing institutional support for the organization. Write grant proposals, letters of intent, reports and other materials as needed.
3. Create program budgets with input from management. Work with Program Director and Finance Manager on appropriate tracking and spending of grant funds. Work with Finance Manager to prepare and submit financial and budgetary information as required for grant applications and grant reporting.
4. Assist the Directors of Programs and Donor Relations in the creation and maintenance of an annual grants calendar to be shared monthly with the Board of Directors.
5. Work with Program Director and program staff to ensure proper and timely implementation of existing grant projects.
6. Manage grant deadlines throughout the year including reporting requirements.
7. Establish and maintain personal contact to build relationships with funding organizations.
8. Develop and facilitate stewardship practices between the organization and the grant funder. Ensure meaningful, timely, and continual stewardship of grant funders.
9. Support the organization’s comprehensive fund development efforts and programs: provide prompt, friendly customer service to all donors and funders; work with the agency staff, volunteers and others to achieve overall fundraising goals; provide appropriate follow up to donors to maximize stewardship.
10. Facilitate regular meeting with management in regard to grant activities and implementation.
11. This position plays an important role in strategic planning and fund development planning.
12. Assist the Events/marketing Manager with Event Sponsorship requests as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in social services, nonprofit management, or technical writing preferred
2. Ability to research, identify and match funding resources to meet specific needs – including working knowledge of grant seeking databases
3. Knowledge of nonprofit program and resource development including understanding of nonprofit operating and program budgets
4. Knowledge of strategies for effective program and project design and development
5. Ability to craft, construct, and submit an effective grant application
6. Ability to write a convincing case for funding, including following guidelines, using conventions of standard written English, organizing ideas appropriately, conveying ideas clearly, and making a persuasive argument
7. Knowledge of nationally recognized standards of ethical practice by grants professionals
8. Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with funders
9. Highly-organized and efficient, capable of juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines within a fast-paced environment
10. Strong computer skills, proficiency in desktop publishing, Microsoft Office as well as a working knowledge of PC and Mac applications and a variety of file formats, donor database skill a plus.
11. Pass Department of Criminal Investigation, Department of Transportation and Child Abuse Registry background checks according to organization’s standards.
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Nancy Muecke, CEO of BBBSCI, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 9th.
Job Center – View all jobs, by keywords/job titles, or by state